Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dad or Dud, What Will Your Legacy be? by Pastor Randy Scott

Given by Pastor Randy Scott at Iron Faith Fellowship of Wilmington, Delaware on Father's Day, June 16, 2013.

Photo: Pastor Randy at Green Day.


A comparison of two different dads, Elkanah and Eli.



1 Samuel 1

English Standard Version (ESV)
21 The man Elkanah and all his house went up to offer to the Lord the yearly sacrifice and to pay his vow. 22 But Hannah did not go up, for she said to her husband, “As soon as the child is weaned, I will bring him, so that he may appear in the presence of the Lord and dwell there forever.” 23 Elkanah her husband said to her, “Do what seems best to you; wait until you have weaned him; only, may the Lord establish his word.” So the woman remained and nursed her son until she weaned him. 24 And when she had weaned him, she took him up with her, along with a three-year-old bull,[c] an ephah[d]of flour, and a skin of wine, and she brought him to the house of the Lord at Shiloh. And the child was young. 25 Then they slaughtered the bull, and they brought the child to Eli. 26 And she said, “Oh, my lord! As you live, my lord, I am the woman who was standing here in your presence, praying to the Lord. 27 For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him. 28 Therefore I have lent him to the Lord. As long as he lives, he is lent to the Lord.”

And he worshiped the Lord there.

  








No comments:

Post a Comment