Sunday, March 20, 2016

Importance of Passionate Prayer

by Pastor Randy Scott

Iron Faith Fellowship,
Wilmington, Delaware

March 20, 2016
Palm Sunday

James 5New International Version (NIV)

16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

17 Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. 18 Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.







A note from Larry: These are my life verses. Maybe a bit different from what some have as their's, but these have meaning to me because it was with these I was saved. I was lost and I was down 
and in desperation my wife and I went to this new church nearby. We were not religious nor were we church goers at the time, but we had just lost a seventh child. A sermon was given based on these verses and it felt as if the preachers words were aiming at my life. It was from the basis of this passage that I raised my hand for prayer that Sunday, and on the September 1975 Tuesday following I got down on my knees at home and prayed to Jesus for my forgiveness and my salvation .


No comments:

Post a Comment